A/V Design Engineer/Estimator
Tempus Pro Services is a well-established Sarasota, Florida based Company that designs and installs integrated Automated Electronic Lifestyle solutions for home, business and commercial applications. With a team of some of the brightest and most experienced leaders and engineers in the business, we bring an educated, skilled, creative, and – above all – service-oriented approach to residential and commercial security and automation.
The design engineer/estimator‘s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and create drawings for both Commercial and Residential A/V, access control, CCTV and data network systems.
- Create Submittals as necessary
- Product pricing, material and labor estimates for proposals as needed
- Create Scope of Work for proposals
- Review pre-construction design and documentation for viability
- Responsible for project technical documentation as needed.
- Maintain positive and effective line of communication with team members.
- Provide continuing engineer support during the installation phase.
- Meet with vendors/prospective vendors to help evaluate product if requested.
- Assist other departments with technical support issues if needed.
- Create As-Builts and related documentation
- 5+ years of experience within commercial A/V industry.
- Knowledgeable of A/V control systems.
- Formal training and certifications in general A/V systems (CTS,CTS-D, etc) or actively pursuing formal and informal training opportunities specific to job duties
- Knowledge of surveillance and security hardware.
- Able to create and/or work with and modify Auto CAD drawings
- Ability to create bid estimating and pricing
- Ability to think and work independently & meet necessary deadlines.
- Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
- Attention to detail.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Understanding of conduit, electrical and other construction disciplines
- Familiarity with Crestron, LUTRON, QSC, Control Four and BI-AMP product lines
- Ability to perform as a Sales Engineer to assist in customer design reviews
- Proficient in Excel, Word, D-Tools and Zoho
- Experienced in motorized shade design and quoting
We are looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture and are tenacious about achieving results.
- This position is located in our corporate office in Sarasota, Florida
- Competitive salary & 401k
- We offer our employees full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation time.
Tempus Pro Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
To apply for a position, please email resume to email@example.com or send to:
Tempus Professional Services
Attention: Human Resources
7519 Pennsylvania Avenue Suite #101
Sarasota, FL 34243