A/V Design Engineer/Estimator
Tempus Pro Services is the most respected and experienced Commercial and Residential Systems Integrator on Florida’s Gulf Coast. We have over 30 full-time staff members, ranging from Engineers to our highly trained field crew. We’ve built a reputation for exceeding our customers’ expectations, regardless of the size or scope of the project. Our commitment to proven technologies, products, and personnel assures our success, and we’re proud of the reputation we’ve earned as one of the most respected names in our industry.
The design engineer/estimator‘s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and create drawings for both Commercial and Residential A/V, access control, CCTV and data network systems.
- Create Submittals as necessary
- Product pricing, material and labor estimates for proposals as needed
- Create Scope of Work for proposals
- Review pre-construction design and documentation for viability
- Responsible for project technical documentation as needed.
- Maintain positive and effective line of communication with team members.
- Provide continuing engineer support during the installation phase.
- Meet with vendors/prospective vendors to help evaluate product if requested.
- Assist other departments with technical support issues if needed.
- Create As-Builts and related documentation
- 5+ years of experience within commercial A/V industry.
- Knowledgeable of A/V control systems.
- Formal training and certifications in general A/V systems (CTS,CTS-D, etc) or actively pursuing formal and informal training opportunities specific to job duties
- Knowledge of surveillance and security hardware.
- Able to create and/or work with and modify Auto CAD drawings
- Ability to create bid estimating and pricing
- Ability to think and work independently & meet necessary deadlines.
- Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
- Attention to detail.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Understanding of conduit, electrical and other construction disciplines
- Familiarity with Crestron, LUTRON, QSC, Control Four and BI-AMP product lines
- Ability to perform as a Sales Engineer to assist in customer design reviews
- Proficient in Excel, Word, D-Tools and Zoho
- Experienced in motorized shade design and quoting
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Fully paid training & industry certification
- Executive management team focused on growth
We are looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture and are tenacious about achieving results.
- This position is located in our corporate office in Sarasota, Florida
- Competitive salary & 401k
- We offer our employees full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation time.
Tempus Pro Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE.
To apply for a position, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to:
Tempus Professional Services
Attention: Human Resources
7519 Pennsylvania Avenue Suite #101
Sarasota, FL 34243