Tempus is defined by our experience, and by our professionalism. We've become a predictable and dependable "go-to" provider, as comfortable on jobs in local mainstream homes and small businesses as we are 20,000-plus square foot luxury mansions and large commercial projects we routinely service. We listen carefully to our customers, taking the time to really understand their needs, providing them with the information they need to make informed decisions. We have more than 30 full-time staff members, ranging from the application experts in the Experience Center to our highly trained field crew, managed by jobsite leaders with more than three decades of combined experience. We've built a reputation for exceeding our customers' expectations, regardless of the size or scope of the project.
Security Systems Manager
David started his career in the Security Industry in 1994. He began working as a locksmith and learned skills to become a Certified Registered Locksmith through The Associated Locksmiths of America in 2005. Since then, David has increased his knowledge of security and became well versed in technology, electronics, and access control. In his 20+ years, he has gathered tremendous knowledge and attained certifications to enable him as a leader in the field.
Tom is a 25-year veteran of the low voltage industry. Hailing from the Washington, DC metro area, he has worked on systems in a number of disciplines, including structured cabling, paging/intercom systems, CCTV, security, CATV broadband, and medical nurse call systems. Prior to relocating to Florida, Tom’s recent experience consisted of projects in high-level K-12 educational markets for Prince William, Fairfax, and Loudon County schools.
Robert J. Carpenter II began his career in AV in 1997. His residential design focus includes Shading, Lighting, Audio/Video, and Security Systems. Rob’s commercial focus includes DSP Programming and Room Tuning. With his extensive background and mental acquisitiveness, our customers are certain to receive the latest in multimedia and home automation system design.
The Tempus engineering staff has a collective 60+ years’ experience in the commercial low-voltage design, and integration. They hold dozens of industry-related manufacturer and standards certification, including:
- PMI PMP (Project Management Professional)
- BICSI RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer)
- Infocomm CTS (Certified Technology Specialist)
- SCTE BDS (Broadband Distribution Specialist)
- Microsoft MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
- Cisco CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- HLSS (High Level Security Systems)
- Lenel Access Control Hardware
- Fire Alarm System Agent (FASA) and Burglar Alarm System Agent (BASA)
- Certified Registered Locksmith
- Verex Integrated Security Certification
- Facility Commander Winx Certification
Our Staff has worked on many projects ranging from federal and local government, enterprises, and healthcare, to residential projects large and small. Projects include:
- IMG Academy
- Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center (FEMA)
- Western Maryland Healthcare System
- Anchor Builders
- USF Center for Advance Medical Learning & Simulations (CAMLS)
- Pete College and Florida Gulf Coast University
- Legacy Builders
- Manatee County Sheriff’s Office and Juvenile Detention Facilities
- John Cannon Homes
- C1, Achieva, PNC and Northstar Banking Headquarters
- Le Meridien Hotel, Tampa
- Neal Signature Homes
- High-rise condominiums including ARIA, Grand Riviera, and Positano on Longboat Key, the Jewel in Sarasota and the Savoy in Naples.